Saturday, August 13, 2011

Everyone is a blogger

I'm finally caving in. Everyone seems to have their own blog so I thought why not join in the fun?  I hope this blog provides humorous insight and interesting recommendations.

As a happily married father of two, keeper of the best dog in town, owner of a supervised visitation business (Children First Supervised Visitation Service), enthusiastic gardener, sports fan, traveller, and ocassional kitchen hack, I hope to make this blog an interesting place for all who stumble upon it... especially our wonderful family members and friends.

As most of you already know, I am a Minnesota native.  Our family moved to Bellevue in 1977, which had the sad side effect of crushing my enthusiasm for baseball. Who can deny that going from watching the Minnesota Twins in their glorious natural habitat, to watching the Mariners in the old Kingdome was anything but depressing?

After living in Seattle for 20 years, I find myself back in the burbs, living on the East Side.  This past spring, I did an extreme makeover of our backyard, removing trees, re-building our deck and adding some much needed color. A lot of hard work, but well worth it. It's now a favorite spot for the whole family, especially my wife and daughter who now get a vase or two of fresh flowers on an almost daily basis.



When I am not juggling food in the kitchen, our family enjoys going out for Asian food. Some of our favorite spots:

Seattle Deli:  Best Vietnamese sandwiches (Bahn Mi) and to go noodle salads (plus tons of other great items!) in Seattle
Pho Bac:  Anything but fancy, but it's all about the pho... supposedly one of Tom Douglas' favorites, too!
Peking Bellevue: Paul Allen eats here and I have a feeling he has tried a few places in his time
AA Sushi:  The $1.50 a plate lunch special is hard to beat, especially in Kirkland

In my next posting, I'm going to give a little tour of our garden, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment