Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Three Year Plumber

It was a simple request that my wife made in mid-2008, fix the handle to the shower.  Mind you, the shower still worked just fine, it was aesthetically in need of some love.

I tried the patchwork approach - glue - but that failed within hours of application.  I then took the bold step and went to Lowe's and ordered a replacement of the entire unit.  The date on that order was November 2008.  I remember how excited Deborah was when the part arrived.  That excitement had to be tempered for three years.

I found a nice place for the box to sit and collect dust.  Each time Deborah asked me to fix the shower handle, I would mumble something and let her know that the current state of the shower handle had no effect on her beauty....or something like that.

Believe me, every time I showered I was reminded that I needed to get to the project, but just like electricity, water issues scare me (I will never do an outdoor lighting project).  I believe the fear comes from watching too many Three's Company episodes where Mr. Roper would attempt to fix something only for it to go awry.

Something finally froze over and I would like to say that as I type this, I hear the hum of the shower.  And yeah, it sounds a little different thanks to my handy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment